Friday, March 4, 2011

The beginning

Some background on how this all came about.

I've been cooking since college so I guess it's been about 13 years.  Only in the past 3-5 years have I become more serious and started to experiment with more challenging recipes, working from scratch, and carefully choosing ingredients.  Most of my recipes are found online due to sitting in front of a computer for 40 hours a week.  I frequent allrecipes, the foodnetwork, martha stewart, and many others in search of interesting and new dishes.  One chef who's recipes always shine is Tyler Florence.  So I thought, why not try to cook Tyler's top 100 recipes from the food network.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/tyler-florence/recipes/index.html

And it got me thinking about that Julia Child movie (which I haven't seen) where Amy Adams cooks through Julia Childs cookbook, or at least that's what I think it's about.  And when I mentioned it to the wife she asked if I was going to blog about it.  Seems to make sense in this day and age with blogs about pretty much anything.  Blogs about dogs, and pogs, lincoln logs, hogs living in bogs and so on.

So this begins my blog about "Being Tyler".  After I cook one of his recipes, I'll write a bit about the process and include pictures taken with awesome Nikon D3100 digital SLR!  Bam!  Am I allowed to say that or is that word copywriten by Emeril?

Is anyone really going to read this?


This weekend recipe:
Chicken Enchiladas  
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/chicken-enchiladas-recipe/index.html

4 comments:

  1. i will follow you, my cousin. my brother. my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 is a charm. read it? please. where are the pictures already?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was fortunate enough to partake in the deliciousness that were these enchiladas. It was amazing!

    I'd give it "4 out of 4 Clean Plates"!

    ReplyDelete